Biggest feature I miss from CM

jonp

All,

I am hoping one of the developers can read this and give me an answer.

I am not a hard core gamer and the original CM fit me and my friends perfectly. We could generate a large map and put 1000 pts worth of units on and have a great time. None of us want to manage a ton of units but do enjoy big/huge maps to move around on.

Is there any chance BF is ever going to include the capibility to allow us to pick the force sizes for quick battles? I have to say I am very disappointed this feature is gone.

Thx

jonpfl

Unless I'm terribly mistaken you can pick the size of the battle. While there is no points anymore you can choose from tiny, small, medium, large, huge or something along those lines. It's a drop down menu when you are creating a QB. I believe in the upper left side though I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

The QBs will go through at least three stages of fixings:

Short term - fix some issues that cause problems that are more bug than design related. We quickly reduced the overflow of setup zones, but it was just that... a reduction. It's not good enough to stay as is. Stuff like that.

Mid term - some feature enhancements/refinements. This will mostly focus on meshing player made scenarios with the mechanics of scenario picking better.

Longer term - difficult to say EXACTLY what we'll do, but it is at this point that CMx2 QBs will look more like CMx1 QBs than they do at present time.

Rough timeframe? In order; month or so, several months, WW2 release.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Keep in mind that Quick Battles has absolutely nothing to do with Multiplayer at all. The two are completely independent of each other.

We are definitely making major changes to the QB system for the first WW2 game. However, I think some people forget that CMx1's system didn't ensure balance between two forces. If I picked a platoon of King Tigers, and you got a bunch of armored infantry... if the map was muddy and forested I'd probably find it unbalanced in your favor. If the map was open fields and dry terrain then I'm sure you'd find it to be very difficult to win. Especially if you were on the attack.

My point here is to keep things in perspective. QBs have never, and will never, guarantee a balanced game. The system that will replace the current QB system won't either.

Steve

Most recent reference:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=004118;p=1

Originally posted by BigDork:

Unless I'm terribly mistaken you can pick the size of the battle. While there is no points anymore you can choose from tiny, small, medium, large, huge or something along those lines. It's a drop down menu when you are creating a QB. I believe in the upper left side though I could be wrong.

I want to be able to play on a huge map and have the capiblitiy to only have a handful of troops. As it stands now, if I select a huge map, I get a ton of units.

Thx

jonpfl

Originally posted by jonp:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BigDork:

I want to be able to play on a huge map and have the capiblitiy to only have a handful of troops. As it stands now, if I select a huge map, I get a ton of units.

Thx

jonpfl </font>