So just to be clear...

Steve, the reason for the complaint is what seems to me like late breaking news that AI plans have to be created for quick-battles.

I've followed the news about this product fairly closely and could not recall that detail. Now I've also gone back and searched the forum posts and find plenty of comments from you that there will not be randomn maps for QBs, a couple exchanges between you and dalem and Vanir Ausf B explaining it very well. But, I cannot find where, up untill now, information that AI plans would have to be made with the maps.

Now you say that making blank AI Plans is VERY easy to do and you ought to know. So, while I'll take you word for it I also look forward to rune's post on the editor.

Look, if you all did mention it before and I missed it, (God knows there are enough posts to read through), I am sorry but the surprise factor of making AI plans for QBs absent any offical idea how easy they may be was a bolt from the blue if you follow.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dirtweasle,

My first attempt at an AI plan took all of 10 minutes to understand in the editor. Perfecting it in great detail takes a bit longer. I've also gone through a bushel of JSF's scenarios he made, and within 5-10 days he was able to crank out over a dozen maps with plans of various complexity tied to both Red and Blue forces.

Wait til you see Rune's post, AI plans are as easy as painting on terrain tiles then setting times and stance. (But there is mroe toi it if you want to make it more complex)

Oh, and those 10 minutes were without a manual of any sort. Steve asked me to try the game blind to test the intuativeness of the UI. Especially the editor.

I honestly expect CMSF to take the Wargame of the Year award if not Strategy Game of the Year as well. It is THAT good.