Can someone explain this to me?

jonp

All,

Enclosed are two screenshots and I have a few questions about artillery.

1) What does the number and symbol mean in the left middle of the box (one has a 2 and a red x AND the other has a 2 and a yellow dot)

2) How come one says "Denied"? Is there something I have to do to get access to it?

3) Does everyone use the same support? Since there are three boxes, am I to assume that everyone in this battle pulls support from those three? Or do I have to cycle through all my units to see who has what?

4) What guy should I be calling support with? I assume the guy with binoculars?

I tried to read some of this stuff in the maunal but it seems to be missing.

Thx

jonpfl

f_CMSF2m_e87d894.jpg

f_CMSF1m_0b62edc.jpg

As regarding to who you should use, its all in the manual smile.gif Its quite a lot of information actually. Read the Air / Arty support pages.

About that two different icons (red cross / yellow dot), thats something i also have been wondering about.

Can any1 enlighten us on these thingy's?

The red X means it's the best unit to call down arty.

It's reverse to the usual meaning of the icons.

So a green X would mean it would take ages for this unit to call down fire support.

The dots mean ammo remaining but I believe they also have something to do with how busy the unit is performing your fire request.

Originally posted by Meach:

The red X means it's the best unit to call down arty.

It's reverse to the usual meaning of the icons.

So a green X would mean it would take ages for this unit to call down fire support.

The dots mean ammo remaining but I believe they also have something to do with how busy the unit is performing your fire request.

If you look at my pics, you will see the forward observer has yellow dots while the team that is denied to use my mortars has red x's

Originally posted by David Chapuis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jonp:

If you look at my pics, you will see the forward observer has yellow dots while the team that is denied to use my mortars has red x's

i think you are looking backwards </font>