Hotkeys, Quickbattles, TCP/IP... ohh my

Well, let me start off on a good note, for what it’s worth – so far I think the game is simply amazing, with out a doubt this is a huge leap forward for the CM series. Graphics and animations are stunning, and even though it’s a little silly that 90% of the sound effects seem to have been reused from CMAK it really brought a tear to my eye.

That said, a few things do seem very out of place on this gem…

Hotkeys... holy mother of all that is sacred! I’m really sorry to say it, but whoever thought that a hotkey system where by not having the right tab selected can lead to ordering a tank to *bail out* (hotkey K, under S tab), instead of *hunting* (hotkey K, under M tab) should be drawn and quartered! Yes, I’m fully aware of the “G-H-B-N” keys, but those hardly cut it. I do understand the need for the 4-tabs of buttons design, and I actually think that part of it is very well done... but there was no need to over-complicate the hotkey setup... or am I the only person who played CMBB/CMAK relying on nothing but hotkeys?

Quick battles… why ohh why, can’t we purchase our own units? 80% of the fun of CMBB/CMAK for me was playing QBs vs my co-workers and seeing what kind of goofy unit selection they can come up with. I’m even willing to settle for not even being able to pick the *exact* units – just let there be a better way to tell the computer which units to pick… something along the lines of being able to pick 4 or 5 unit “classes” that you’d like to see in your force – “Poor Armor, Advanced ATGM, VBIED, etc”. As it stands right now it’s practically impossible to see a Syrian force of T-72s along side with IEDs and Spys… as a matter of fact after re-running the QB about 2 dozen times I haven’t seen the computer buy a single IED or mine.

We-Go TCP/IP … I saw Steve’s post about it – I’m not even going to try to argue this one, but let me just say that I can easily upload 15megs in under a min and I’m on a regular “consumer level” internet connection… so yeah, I’m just hitting my head against the wall here... quite literally

Originally posted by MERC:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The Louch:

Hotkeys... holy mother of all that is sacred! I’m really sorry to say it, but whoever thought that a hotkey system

Since the hot keys are programmable is this really a issue? </font>