Why does CMBB run choppy?

Well first thing I would check are my vid card settings and make sure I have latest drivers. also check and see if you are running at 4 times AGP. If you know a little bout puters you might want to go into your Bios and check you settings there,if you dont know much bout em find some one a friend maybe that can come over to your house and make sure your bios settings are set right, and maybe be able to set them at max output

I'm having choppiness issues in CMBB as well. P933 o/c to 1.1G, 384mb RAM, Voodoo5 5500 (64mb). The funny thing is, the choppiness occurs (or more specifically, becomes intolerable) in certain circumstances - scenarios with a lot of buildings seem to be particularly bad (map size notwithstanding) - but does not improve AT ALL if I reduce the resolution and/or turn off trees, doodads, smoke, weather, etc. That is to say, the choppiness is just as bad at 800x600 as it is a 1280x964.

I'd love to hear if anyone has managed to get this running well on a V5-equipped system, and exactly how you managed it. Its beginning to make me a bit nutty. Thanks.