This what RTS is

World in Conflict is really promising. I've had a chance to play through the single player (beta) demo and had a great time. It's stunningly beautiful and that's not idle praise.

I don't care if it's realistic or space lobsters, it's really enjoyable defending Pennsylvania. Great games transcend genres.

No, it's wildly unrealistic in terms of grogdom.

There are notions of weaker armor on the flanks and rear of vehicles. Shells arc. Terrain deformation is great. Forests burn. Air power is well done and includes nukes. Artillery is on-map and you can counter-battery once you've located the tubes. There's snipers, ATGM teams, FOs, a leadership and morale model.

It's an RTS without resource collection or base building. It's fun and after seeing most of the RTSs out there I believe this will be the new "it" franchise in the RTS world. I never enjoyed C&C that much. I like Supreme Commander.

I'm still not interested in playing CM:SF in realtime mode.

World in Conflict

Originally posted by metalbrew:

I like Supreme Commander.

Heh, I like it too, but people thinks this game is a clickfest, LOL, go compare CMSF to SC.

This oen is looking good, definitively not having bases/unit building, will add some sort of preservation and a layer of strategy.