Downloaded Scenarios Not Working

Echo

Most all I download do work. The ones from "Combat Mission Scenario Page" and "MiNas Combat Mission page" do not. They seem to be unreadable in the game. They are displayed in the scenarios list, but only as jumbled heiroglyphics (like a pbem text looks). And loading them causes the game to crash.

I've looked at the text file profile, extension, etc., and no problems there. I even tried several different text editors.

I'm using latest version of Win95.

Michlos - I downloaded them myself and got an instant lockup in the scenario listing screen (on CC.CMB) when I tried to launch CM (mouse kept working, but CM wouldn't respond). The text for the file looked normal in the scenario listing for me though.

I got the following file sizes for the scenarios on your website: CC.CMB - 7448 bytes, LWH.CMB - 23895 bytes. I'd suggest zipping (compressing) the files rather than leaving them as CMB/CMC text files.

Echo - I usually haven't had any problems with the scenarios off of the Combat Mission Scenario Page (CMHQ). I can only guess that some sort of corruption is happening when you unzip the files.