A question about spotting of CMSF

a question:

an example: The two friend units spotted a enemy unit at the same time. One of the friend units fully identified enemy unit, while another only had a generic enemy contacts.

In this case, what can I see in the enemy details panel when I select the enemy unit spotted by the two friend units? The details panel will show the full information or generic information?

And, whether or not, the behaviors of the two friend units are different from each other?(ex. the friend unit who has full contact may select correct weapon while another who has generic

contact may select incorrect weapon)

My test is that the details panel show the same. But for reality, It would show different information. smile.gif

The enemy unit will appear as a fully identified enemy unit icon or as a question mark depending which one of your friendly units is selected at that moment.

At elite level, clicking on the map or on the enemy unit will give you only partial details of it anyway.

But I think that when no friendly unit is selected you will see enemy icons and question mark icons that represent the collective spotting made by all your units. I think that's what you are referring to: you get (partial) details from the collective spot reports (no friendly units selected at that point).

I don't think that a friendly unit will target a question mark, unless you give that unit an area fire command.

You know? One cool thing I experienced a few days ago is how info on enemy contacts is transmitted via the communication links. I had a dismounted US Cav. commander on top of a hill and his platoon waiting at the hill's base. The Cav. commander spotted all type of units, but the rest of the platoon was out of sight so when I clicked any of the troopers, no enemy icons appeared. Silly me, the commander didn't have a radio so I moved a CFV closer to him and a few seconds after the commander mounted the CFV (remember it's equipped with good comms) all the other units became aware of the enemy contacts. Extremely cool.

Originally posted by Chelco:

You know? One cool thing I experienced a few days ago is how info on enemy contacts is transmitted via the communication links. I had a dismounted US Cav. commander on top of a hill and his platoon waiting at the hill's base. The Cav. commander spotted all type of units, but the rest of the platoon was out of sight so when I clicked any of the troopers, no enemy icons appeared. Silly me, the commander didn't have a radio so I moved a CFV closer to him and a few seconds after the commander mounted the CFV (remember it's equipped with good comms) all the other units became aware of the enemy contacts. Extremely cool.

That is COOL!

And I have never seen it, but I have never tried to test for it or look for it either...

But I will be looking for that behaviour now!

Thanks

Originally posted by Chelco:

The enemy unit will appear as a fully identified enemy unit icon or as a question mark depending which one of your friendly units is selected at that moment.

At elite level, clicking on the map or on the enemy unit will give you only partial details of it anyway.

But I think that when no friendly unit is selected you will see enemy icons and question mark icons that represent the collective spotting made by all your units. I think that's what you are referring to: you get (partial) details from the collective spot reports (no friendly units selected at that point).

I don't think that a friendly unit will target a question mark, unless you give that unit an area fire command.

thanks for your reply smile.gif

I will look for that.