Javalin Failure Rate

Hev

Howdy all, I am curious to see what sort of failure rate people are getting from javalins? ive set up a mission where a sbct company is holding ground against infantry supported by 10 t72s (M's i think)

In all play throughs so far ive had upto 20 percent failures one way or another.

These failures have come in one of two types:

1: The missile leaves the tube and begins its climb but never dives down to hit the target = Miss

2: The firing unit launches the missile but after it has left the tube visual gets lost = Miss

Now, i understood that the missile was fire and forget, with its own guidance system so loosing sight of the target AFTER launch shouldnt result in a miss.

Id love to hear everyone elses findings and if Battlefront could coment im sure we would all appreciate some clarification on this.

Thanks All

It seems to be feast or famine with my Javelins. Either I suffer a failure rate of over 50 percent or they are nearly perfect. Often playing the same mission over will give totally different results. Most of my failures seem to be of the hitting short variety. Sometimes only a few tens of meters in front of the firing position.

Yeah, i get that the MISSILE needs LOS.

So now the question is can a tank get close enough to a one or two story building to deny the missile (on top down attack mode) LOS?

Im guessing no with a one story building but a two story could do it providing the missile is still far enough away.

Hmmmmm, me smells some testing coming on :D

OK, upon further play it seems to me that they missiles hit most of the time (100%).

However, if you have a failure they seem to come in pairs.

Ive also had one case (when firing two javalins from two squads at two targets) where the second missile left the tube and locked on to the first of the tanks. (they were about 100 meters apart)

And in replay to goody, ive had one missile fall short, it was beeing aimed at a building at about 30 meters :D needless to say it hit the floor just as its motor started