Reading list/links for CMSF.

Been a whiles since this trhead was updated.

News item here with Bing West in Afghanistan with the USMC push in Helmand. So I guess we can expect a new one from him next year. (He was a little critical of the fighting spirit of senior Brits): http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9367000/9367650.stm

and www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12239165

Have been chain reading Afganistan lately.

Attack State Red was great easy read with each small chapter covering a meaty engagement. One covers a 500lb? bomb being dropped on Brit section on a building roof- several 2 KIA but many survive- but in game terms supressed from some time.

(Small criticism it that it reads like they are all relations to Achilles or something; but still good)

Op Snake Bite about attack on Musa Quala- opened my eyes about the corruption, the idiot Karzy and Blue for death squads.

No ordinary Soldier by Douge Beatie is good. Has the benefit of seeing it in 5 parts on you tube after reading the book.

Oh yeah- Restrepo is well worth a watch. One or two very classic moments that give a real insight.

Next on my list are 'The March Up' and 'Op Anaconda'.

Any new suggestions welcome.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic