Black Screen after minimize

Hi,

Please forgive this post if this is an old, much discussed problem.

Here's the situation:

Whenever I minimize CMBB or my computer goes to sleep, and then I come back to the game, I have a black screen.

My mouse pointer is still visible, but nothing else is. Very frustrating! I haven't figured out how to prevent this or recover from it once it happens.

Any advice? Oh, in case its relevant, I'm using a GeForce 2 card.

I had the same problem with a hercule Prophet 4500 64mo, I used to make screenshots with "printscreen", minimize and paste it to paint, then recorded...Somebody here gave a good way to pass by this problem by downloading a very useful thing ; the Ultima Online Screenshot Utility : you open it before running the game, and you make all the screenshots you want during your play!...

I never had this problem on my Gforce 4 TI4600 (128 mb). But it broke down this weekend and I now have a temporary Gforce 4 MX 440. And yes black screens all the way. So I guess the problem is the memory on the card and the reduced capacity from cheaper or older cards.

I have also had this problem with my Sony "Vaio" (or whatever) Laptop. I know that my video card is only 2MB, and figure that that is the problem, but I don't really know.

For what it's worth, I also have a Pentium II (450 MHZ), 32 RAM and 6GB of hard drive, IIRC.