Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Demo version

I have been , not really playing with the demo version, but looking at the way the game engine works, etc. Very impressive. However, in all the pre-download areas, it mentions you can experiment with the editor as well, only without the ability to save. I have tried this , and seen that you can indeed make some impressive maps, etc. but cannot add units.

Perhaps my idea of what it means as far as full use of the game editor with save disabled, is different from reality. I am inclined, however, to think I am doing something wrong.

On a side note, this will be a moot point for myself as I am preparing to purchase anyway, but if anyone can clarify the point still, it would probably be handy for someone.

Thanks

My question was regarding the demo version. I was asking how to add units in the editor in it. I purchased the game yesterday, and of course in the editor now it lets you, as I wrote above regarding it now is a moot point. In the pre-download area FOR THE DEMO VERSION, it states that the editor is functional in that version, only without saves. My question was what was I doing incorrectly to not be able to add units in that version.

Thanks

I don't have much call to touch the demo. But last time I did I believe all units were greyed out in the editor so no unit importing could be done.

I suspect those 3 demo scenarios don't use half of the available units in the full game, so half the needed skins & animations may be missing in the demo files. It'd be alot of extra work to weed out which of the long list of units would import onto a demo map. That's just a guess on my part. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I don't have much call to touch the demo. But last time I did I believe all units were greyed out in the editor so no unit importing could be done.

I suspect those 3 demo scenarios don't use half of the available units in the full game, so half the needed skins & animations may be missing in the demo files. It'd be alot of extra work to weed out which of the long list of units would import onto a demo map. That's just a guess on my part. :rolleyes:

Actually, a very good guess. I had not even looked at it from that perspective. Thanks.