BMP Problems

z1812

Hi All,

The BMP does not use its ATGM's properly. I have only seen one fire a missile at a vehicle 3 or 4 times. Surprisingly they do fire them now and again at infantry. Altogether they don't seem to make very good use of them.

Also when firing at Strykers, I wondered why BMP's were not killing a little more. I noticed when they fire their gun at armour they are often using HE rounds instead of AP.

Also you can't load a regular Syrian Inf Sqaud into the BMP. Command units, AT and Observors yes. But not a regular sqaud. Nor can you split a Syrian sqaud into teams.

Regards John

Originally posted by Flanker15:

It's a bug as far as I know, Syrian vehicles seem to love HE rounds for some reason. T72s love HEAT more than SABOT when engaging a M1 or even HE.

I believe it's been clarified that this is -not- a bug. The Syrian tank crews know they have virtually no chance of penetrating an M1 from the frontal arc with AP, so they fire HE in the hopes of causing damage to some system.

I'm still not clear about it though, since I haven't seen if the Syrian tanks switch to AP if they have a flank shot at an M1. If they don't then I suppose this is something that should be fixed.

As far as the BMPs vs Strykers I think they should be hitting them with AP. For the record though the other day a BMP surprised my Stryker force from around a building (damn fog of war!) while the M1s were elsewhere, and promptly demolished two Strykers with their infantry still inside. But obviously since the BMP was on the opposing side I have no idea what kind of ammo it was using. Definately didn't use its missile though.

My BMPs fire their missiles just fine, even against Strykers. I wish there was a way to area fire with the cannon while saving the ATGM ammo.

As for sabot, I know syrians aren't supposed to fire it at the front of an M1, but I haven't seen them use it at all. I haven't done major testing, but I haven't noticed them using it against strykers, bradleys, other red tanks or the side/rear of M1s.

Originally posted by John Catsack:

My BMPs fire their missiles just fine, even against Strykers. I wish there was a way to area fire with the cannon while saving the ATGM ammo.

Theoretically "target light" should just fire the cannon and coax. On the BMPs and Brads ATGMs are fired under "target light" too. Bug.