Routing (spoiler: "House Cleaning")

So...I remember the earlier threads where people said they never saw any routing. I saw lots of routing behavior in "House Cleaning" tonight. Both on my side - rattled squads leaving the Main Objective to head for safer ground - and on the enemy side. I watched the enemy head off willy nilly through the hospital, and assumed he had routed.

Sure enough, the map review shows that his squads had broken.

1056834483_182661e4a4_o.jpg

so now iam really puzzled what make them vanish/paniced and when they are "just" routed!?

i never saw a squad busting out so far, but i had some vanish in panic and some routed, with their nose stuck in dirt but they didnt moved but also they whre in open, not in a house.

I can't help you there, but every red squad on that image is broken, and all had very visibly run from the hot zones of the main building to quieter areas.

My blue squad on the far left moved there on its own volition from the main building, under a "rattled" condition. They had a waypoint I could not cancel.

I butchered my men in Zhukov fashion, hurling them into the meat grinder, and as a result several of my squads shown there had only one man left, were rattled, and the order pages were blank for them.

maybe they just dont stand up and run in the open but take their head down, until to that point where they get panicked and vanish if the fire continues.

if they dont get panicked and see a way to get out of there, like in a big house like here, they run wich is would be absolutely fine with me.