I love Real Time!

Originally posted by Molinator:

sincerely, I´am very surprised with these posts.

All, repeat, all the advantages of the real time system are know...from Dune and other games, more than 10 years ago. And, in tactical games, the Total War saga it´s one good example,their first game, Shogun, dates from year 2000, 7 years ago, !wops!, like CMBO. :D

And, is NOW, when BF decides to do CMSF with this system, when most fans of Combat Mission discover the real time. But, ironically, one year ago, almost all, or maybe all, prefer the wego turn system. :rolleyes:

CM players don't all live under rocks. We have heard of these games before too. I played plenty of RTS in my time, and prefering WEGO CM is not mutually exclusive

Originally posted by KAding:

You know what would be ideal. RT with replay functionality. The game should keep a cache of the last minute of the battle. While paused you could then rewind a bit to see what happened.

But somehow I doubt this will ever be implemented.

It would probably be easier to have a simple event log -- ex.

'{time}: X killed by {rpg?} from {Y, maybe unknown} at {Z}'

with some clickable items to take you to the location of the target, or the location of the shooter if known.

'{time}: {x} made first contact, spotting enemy at {y}'

or so forth

Buffer last N 'important' events, probably simpler than trying to rewind the math or buffer the last x-seconds worth of state, and might be enough to preserve the essential information.

I'd also consider reinforcements message-log-worthy, as right now they don't arrive with orders and they're fairly easy to miss if things happen to be busy.