Syrian recoilless at-guns/rifles

I didn't know that Ruotuväki had turned into a humour publication lately. :D

I can agree with that ATGM's do not have much of an advantage over Musti in the limiting terrain that so dominates the areas to north of Lappeenranta. But if you just gave all the former Musti men an APILAS (and a couple of LAW's and hey, you can carry an AT mine too...), I wonder what the effects would be. At least the mobility of AT platoons would be improved with the removal of the two (IIRC) Musti's.

This is a nice pic, btw.

1087198796_raskassinko1.jpg

Looks like the rest of the squad has gone inside to have some coffee and pulla. :D

Originally posted by Sergei:

At least the mobility of AT platoons would be improved with the removal of the two (IIRC) Musti's.

i have heard suggestions that we should get rid of the lower part of Musti (english term escapes me at the moment, lets just call it a tripod in honour of the BAR tripod threads) and carry just the gun. the theory holds that Musti could be fired with two fellows supporting the barrel on their shoulders. mobility and fatality of Musti would be at least tripled. :D

Okay, after reading the article about "munkkis" (doughnuts), it turns out that the person on the picture above, is a military band member.

EDIT 1: Ach, no he is not.. His insignia is wrong, because the article states that he is a military driver. Where is the wheel badge?

[ November 21, 2005, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: SSgt Viljuri ]

I recently I wrote a paper on Giuseppe Garibaldi's campaign in 1860 to unify the South of Italy and liberate it from Austrian hegemony. The campaign was a masterwork of guerilla warfare - a truely interesting subject. But in the many letters written about it from the time period, the authors keep on using a word which translates into English as "manly". So in all these primary sources, people kept on refering to things as manly. The wife, writing to her soldier husband about how she misses him, says that she will be manly and not cry while he is away. Garibaldi, writing about the battle of Calatafimini, declares that "The Bourbon soldiers did not withstand the terrible push of the manly champions of liberty..." It popped up all over. Humorous stuff.