Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

anthology problems ?

i read in the forum about problems on "video/graphics" with xp/pro SP1.

i am going to buy the "anthoogy" but i would like to know if it works with:

SIS ACCELERATED GRAPHICS PORT and the following drivers:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\pci.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\SISAGPX.SYS

i am not expert on pc so please tell me something about that before i spent my money

thank you very much

People have had some problems with the SiS-integrated graphics chips. Could you tell us what chip it is ? In the upper right hand corner of this link there is a section labelled Identify Your Product with a link underneath it to "click here". Do so and this should tell you and us what you have.

Recently we've found out that some of the newer chips we previously had warnings about can work if you install the drivers in a particular manner (without control panels). Once we find out what you have, then we can offer more specific advice.

Generally if the Demos have worked then the full versions should work. I have seen some situations where a demo has worked fine however, but the user had a problem with the full version. I'm not sure why this would be the case, but it has happened.

Assuming that your computer is fairly new (within two years old), you'll probably be fine. You may have to change, update and modify some things, but I assume that you should be OK.

Strange that CMBB & CMAK would work, but CMBO wouldn't. CMBO is even capable of running in software-rendering mode, which makes it even more compatible (though it doesn't look very good in that mode). Once we have more info we'll see what we can do to get you running with all of the CM titles.

The problem in situations where the demo worked and the full game didn't are probably related to copy protection, at least in the CDV "classic" case with safedisk copy protection.

If this is the anthology that has no CD check then the act of removing the copy protection can change random things, too.

Plus the demos are not built with the newest patches IIRC.