ERA set off by mg fire? ** contains explicit PBEM action**

Phew! Scipo, my worthy opponent, sprang a T72 on me, and with about 6 strykers and 2 m1128s blithely area firing at suspected enemy infected areas, it could have been a bloodbath.

One of the M1128s got the first shot in, hit the T72 turret and didn't seem to do much. The strykers popped smoke and scattered, firing their mgs, and although no infantry were firing their AT4s etc, there were continual explosions on the front armor of the T72. I think the T72 fired a couple of times but it was hard to distinguish, and later on it survived a solid hit from the other M1128.

Can anyone confirm for me what the explosions on the T72's armor were? The only thing I can think of is that mgs were setting off the ERA of the front armor, but is that possible?

Also, the fact that the T72 fired (at least) twice and missed twice is a bit weird. I would have thought that in this day and age it would hit every time. Below is a picture of a 120mm shell zipping by. Has anybody else found this kind of inaccuracy in their T72s?

Finally, earlier on a Stryker survived a hit from a 120mm shell; it got struck right on its front corner, damaging wheels but allowing it to crawl out of harms way. Has anyone else found Strykers surviving hits from such heavy calibre?

strykernearmisssa2.jpg

i scored a ricochett on a BTR60 side with T55 100mm APFSDS. funny thing is they shoot sabots quiet often at thin skined vehicles.

maybe the tank shot a HEAT round and it got eaten by the slat cage in your case!? we know there is a bug wich makes the slat too effective. i guess you cant find out what type of projectile got shot at you. would be ineterssting to know.

if the ERA can be set off with MG fire and the like it would explaing the strange exposions i saw on a T72 trurms a few days ago.

however i dont know iam imagine that or if that was real.