Never quite sure of anything in this game

What is frustrating about CMSF is that all units seem so loose and sleepy that nothing guarantess that a good position or a cover arc or even good coms will ensure that things will work as intended. In CMx1 I was more or less certain of the reactions of a tank or infantry. They would fire once the target was in sight or in their cover arc. Now, I have witnessed units spotting enemies at 50m and waiting for 30sec to fire or not firing at all, even when ordered to do so. Sometimes it must be that Los/Lof grid again because I had a squad pointing at a Bradley with the RPG, the target in clear los (as the tool indicated) and for a 1-2 minutes they didnt fire. ONCE the brad reversed they somehow fired the RPG at it (moved out of the blind spot?)

BMPs are completely blind and lazy too. I think they even need some help to cross the street cause they might crash on a tank passing by or smth. Even unbuttoned they cant see a thing. And they dont want to fire their ATGMs. Ok, its a pretty old vehicle but I would expect

a bit more responsive behaviour. I know this is more realistic than the absolute and predictable behaviour of CMx1 but it end ups to be frustrating. And there is an unrealsitic workaround if your unit cant see and refuses to fire on enemy vehicle. Just area fire behind its supposed location. Isnt this gamey? LOS problems are not limited to the wall thing. You can never be sure that the tank overlooking the street will effectively counter any threat because it seems that even perfectly flat streets have blind spots where los/lof is not possible. Los/Lof and loose TacAI behaviour make infantry battles nightmerish too.

PS.I'm not giving up yet because along with the bugs I slowly discover the hard work that has been put in this game and have started to appreciate it.

In a test scenario I was playing, my T62 tank had been destroyed my an AI controlled M1. The T62 was burning. Then two AI controlled Bradleys drove to the spot. They stopped about 10 m away from the destroyed tank. One of them did nothing like was expected. The other started shooting at this burning tank with its 25mm gun and kept doing it. Probably as long as it had ammo.

Yeah, I have to keep retargeting units to get them to fire. It's a bit frustrating- sometimes units on their own are completely on the ball and slaughter everything in their arc. The M1 tanks are really good at that.

Other units, like ATGM teams, are retarded. I'm sure it'll get fixed, but on big scenarios and multiplayer (when it works) it's tough to get owned because a unit is just stupid.