CMX2 and latest generation laptops.

Hi,

as CMSF will be being tested on an ever growing number of machines, as it makes its way through beta, I thought I would ask how things are looking with regard to CMX2 and the current Intel Duo Core laptop processors. If anyone knows yet ;) .

My concern is that since CMSF went into development the core speed of laptop processors has been sacrificed in favour of dual core development. Even on so called “gaming” laptops the core speed is often just over 2 GHz. Of course I recognise that 2GHz with the mobile processors has a real, useable speed way faster than 2GHz with desktop machines smile.gif .

However, if CMSF is not optimised for dual core does this mean that it will not run on even gaming laptops?

Due to an immanent house move I may have to return to laptops even for CM, hence my concern.

All good fun,

All the best,

Kip.

Hi,

“even games coded before the advent of dual core CPUs run much faster under the newest dual core CPUs than under the fastest single core CPUs.”

Thanks… you will see why I was getting a little worried.

I used to follow these things far more closely but since the core speeds stopped advancing as the once did I seem to have lost track.

All the best,

Kip.