how can a target line pass through a wall of house??

popllt

I figure all LOS is done as center of 8mx8m to center of 8mx8m action grid but the percentage of what can be seen in that area and how big it is determines what can be seen

the LOS line is just a reference

look at when you target a wall or building the aim point line will correct to the center of the action square near where you aimed

it is possible the game is so smart it will allow you (the commander with the God's eye view) to order one of you units to target a unit it cannot actually see. (sometimes) this happens when there is no LOS or LOF. When the unit comes into view then the unit gets Line Of Fire to the target it can open fire.

I think the blue target line your are reporting is not and actually stream of rounds firing through the wall or the house is it? (if it is they say they are working on that for V1.05)

ok?

Hi aka_tom_w:

I think I can not agree with you.

In CM*1, a friend unit can target an enemy unit which hasn't been spotted by the friend unit(but spotted by other friend units).

But in CM*2, when we click on a friend unit, what we can see is what the friend unit we select can see, so I think it is impossible to target an enemy unit haven't been spotted in CM*2.

[ November 05, 2007, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: popllt ]

Originally posted by Beastttt:

I figure all LOS is done as center of 8mx8m to center of 8mx8m action grid but the percentage of what can be seen in that area and how big it is determines what can be seen

the LOS line is just a reference

look at when you target a wall or building the aim point line will correct to the center of the action square near where you aimed

Let's have a test. In the maps "house cleaning", I select red force, and I don't click the start button. Now I select a friend unit in the third floor of the tall building, than I find that the target line extending from the unit to the low house beside the tall building is always light blue on everywhere inside the house.

Originally posted by popllt:

Hi aka_tom_w:

I think I can not agree with you.

In CM*1, a friend unit can target an enemy unit which hasn't been spotted by the friend unit(but spotted by other friend units).

But in CM*2, when we click on a friend unit, what we can see is what the friend unit we select can see, so I think it is impossible to target an enemy unit haven't been spotted in CM*2.

I'm not sure...

perhaps the game models the communications (radio) net and sometimes a friendly unit that does not have LOS to an enemy unit can target it without actually seeing it. (maybe?)

I would suggest that may be a "grey area" or it could be a bug but the darn game code is VERY complicate and as Steve has mentioned, ONLY Charles REALLY knows what's going on under the hood.