How to save ammo ?

Kirq

The question is how to perform area/object attack and somehow control number of rounds fired at targeted location. Lets assume I want to fire Javelin at the building I suspectin enemy presence. When I target the buildind my Jav operator fires all 3 javs. I tried to order pause for 45 sec and then target building but it didnt worked, I think it applies more to movement orders.

I got the same problem when I use MGS to fire at buildings. It shots ~5 main gun rounds a minute :/

Didnt check light target order but due to manual it will make my squad use only small arms against targeted building and MGS will propably use its MG.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=71;t=000141

It works for infantry as well as vehicles.

Edit:

This also can help.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=71;t=000142

The key is you break your Combat Command with a FACE/ARC at the following waypoint.

[ April 14, 2008, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Huntarr ]

You must be playing WeGo. I've got spoiled playing Realtime where commands can be stopped and started at will. But then again, in Realtime I do tend to have all my tanks on the far side of the board get brewed-up while I'm concentrating on loading a team into a Stryker to acquire extra 5.56 ammo. ;)

Thank You Huntarr.

Thats not exactly what I was thinking about but it should do the job, I was just hoping that I missed something and there is a easy way to control intensity of Your fire. Maybe BF will add some order/option to solve this problem in one of future patches.

PS. You accidently posted 2 same links.

EDIT.

I just can imagine how it is posible to play CMSF real time smile.gif Sometimes I spend 10 min setting orders for 1 min round smile.gif Controling all this vehicles long range fights and concurrently infantry squads during cqc seems to be inpossible to me smile.gif

[ April 14, 2008, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Kirq ]