Some QB Maps Are Busted - A Bug Report

Shrap

Battle Type: Meeting Engagement

Enviroment: Town

Battle Size: All

Result: Game returns to main menu when "OK" is clicked.

Enviroment: Village

Result: One unit starts in them middle of the map.

Enviroment: Rough

Enviroment: Forest

Enviroment: Forest

Result: User starts out at the oppisite side of the map than units. When game starts the enemy is right behind friendly units (ouch).

Other Battle Types yield diffrent bugs. If it gets this fixed faster just say the word and I'll do a full report of the combinations that are bugged.

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

"Game returns to main menu when "OK" is clicked" happens because there is no QB map for that combination. Rather inelegant, yes.

QBs as a whole are rather troublesome and are being worked on. Also, more maps are in the works.

Hi Elmar: Mishga sent me a batch of QB maps...I have gone through, re-named and will post as a batch file on CMMODS... I've got 15 ready but want 20. Hurting for some larger maps and city maps...You know where a guy can get more? Email please

[ September 08, 2007, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: MarkEzra ]

My e-mail seems to be down.

But I think I'm not out of line in saying that work is in progress to fill in the blanks so all QB combos have at least one corresponding map.

Pad152,

it depends on what you regard as "fixed". The bugs plaguing QBs should not be too long in getting fixed, with refinements and improvememnts coming soon afterwards, one would assume. If OTOH you mean fixed as in more like CMx1 then yeah, that's probably going to take a while.

I just did a check of the games organic QB maps and QB Groups vol 1....There is a map for everything BUT (damn it) Town/Meet. We will be working on that pronto along with others that have only one map: Village/Meet, Hill/Meet & Rough/Meet....Nobody wants to meet and more, do they!?