Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

gun trucks

The 1078 and 1083 are included in the vehicle list but it doesn't say if they are the gun truck versions. I am going to guess they are not. Steve once mentioned we might get some more truck versions in the modules so there is a chance they will eventually be included in later versions if they are not in the initial release.

Thanks for answering the question on the gun trucks. I would like to see a gun truck version of the 5 ton truck. To me it would bring a interesting element to the game. I've been reading alot about the history of the trucks and in conflicts were unconventional warfare is part of everyday life they seem to be a requirement for any convoy. Some of the trucks I've seen in Iraq were outfitted with armour for the cab and the bed area not to mention they are outfitted with M2s and M249s. While I have not seen any in Iraq trucks in Vietnam had miniguns scavenged from down helicopters. But I'll stop with that and hope they show up in the future. One more thing COMBAT MISSION RULES.

They say that equipment list is out of date.

I recall BFC saying as they watched the Iraq war progress (in tandem with game ddevelopment) they were tearing their hair out over all the rapid equipment changes. Plain-vanilla unarmored Humvees, for example had been fighting everywhere at the front, now the must-have vehicle is the M1114 armored Humvee. State-side Stryker Brigades initially lacked the slat armor cage... then Iraq-bound vehicles got the cage... then the extra topside armor added a year or so later... and the vehicle continues to evolve as we speak!

BFC would probably say th concept of armored gun trucks is soooo '2004'. They'd probably also say its more appropriate for 2nd eschelon convoy duties than for full-up front-line assaults.