Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

SEAL Desert Patrol Vehicle

Pretty unlikely, I would guess.

The whole purpose of an unarmored, lightly armed SF recon vehicle like that is to observe and report, while *avoiding* combat. What firepower they have is generally to lay down suppressing fire while breaking contact.

I suppose you could posit the hypothetical that somehow a pair get might get caught in a firefight, but there's probably dozens of other vehicles and weapons systems I'd consider a higher piority in a tactical combat game like CM:SF, even in a module limited to USMC/USN toys.

Cheers,

YD

Not to say BFC wouldn't be crazy enough to include it. After all, these are the same people who put the whole fricken' Eastern Front on a single disk for us! :D But we probably aren't going to find out til Xmas 07 at least (that's 8 months away) what a Marine Corps module is going to entail.

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Pretty unlikely, I would guess.

I suppose you could posit the hypothetical that somehow a pair get might get caught in a firefight, but there's probably dozens of other vehicles and weapons systems I'd consider a higher piority in a tactical combat game like CM:SF, even in a module limited to USMC/USN toys.

YD

Not that I doubt you but can you name a few?

Well, before they take the time to add dune buggys, I'd love to see BFC add amphibious, or at least river-crossing ability for the Marine AFVs that have this ability

After that, as an outlier, but cool thing, I'd love to have some of the various amphibious, or near-shore ambibious landing and attack/patrol craft in the game and on-map.

I think scenarios depicting a rapid USMC debouchment onto some beach LZ in Syria or Lebanon would be a blast to play, and not necessarily totally unrealistic.

US Firepower and Intel superiority would make it very unlikely that there would be any large, organized enemy force contesting the landing, but I can still see semi-organized pockets of irregular infantry giving the first waves of marines something to think about as they come ashore.

Addition of helicopters on-map and graphically represented would be really nice for a USMC module, too.

Oh, and on-map mortars. Not just applicable to USMC, but I'd really like to see them in-game and AIUI, we're not going to see them in CM:SF in the initial release.

Cheers,

YD

But the dune buggies would be so much easier to add than helicopters and amphibious ops, both of which Steve has said we won't see.

In truth I don't expect to see the dune buggies either, but I think they would help sales as people think they're cool. That's why the Navy has a picture of them in it's recruiting ads.

Maybe if they do decide to do a Special Forces add on we'll see them.