A bug and an improvment request

Euri

The Bug: Sometimes one or two members of a team ordered to dismount a vehicle will remain inside for ever while the rest are just outside the door. This results in the vehicle keeping its back door open and refusing to execute move commandes. Same "denial" to follow commands applies to the unit half-stuch in the vehicle. Another variation of the problem is to order a dismount and then both vehicle and troops inside it "stuck" (and refuse to follow orders) while the back door remains open for ever.

The improvement: Double-clicking on a unit selects the entire formation - which is a good "shortcut". Sometimes however, I wish that only the dismounted troops advance and the vehicles stay put. Or I whish that the vehicles mounted with units move and at the same time leaving behind some dismounted troops (usually MG teams)

I do not think there is a way to select only the vehicles of a fromation or only the dismounted troops of the same formation (or is there?)

I think it would be nice to include such a way in the next patch.

Regards

Originally posted by Euri:

The Bug: Sometimes one or two members of a team ordered to dismount a vehicle will remain inside for ever while the rest are just outside the door. This results in the vehicle keeping its back door open and refusing to execute move commandes.

It happened to me twice.

I do not think there is a way to select only the vehicles of a fromation or only the dismounted troops of the same formation (or is there?)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

You want to order all three squads of a platoon to dismount at the same time?

Once dismounted you would have to shift-select the squads. Double clicking will include the vehicles as well.

--

[ November 27, 2007, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Webwing ]

Interesting. I assume that the soldiers in the vehicle were:

1. not an antitank team specifically detached

2. healthy and in good morale

3. at the correct bus stop

There is no group vehicle only selection Each vehicle will need to be individually selected for individual task. A point of note on this. My game play experience is that using mass movement in any area that has obstacle like trees, swamps or bldgs or subject to accurate enemy fire is fraught with peril. You force the AI to decide the pathing around them. The results can be excellent (why didn't I see that?) or tragic (what idiot is driving that tank!!) If you are familiar with Steel Panthers and it's group movement control, then you'll know that it is best used sparingly.

Originally posted by Omenowl:

It happens if for some reason the unit hasnt fully dismounted and either the vehicle needs to move or you give another command to the squad while cancelling the original dismount. It seems to confuse the squad on what it should do and the soldiers become trapped.

Well, that part must be a bug. Like I said I was lucky and it happened to me just twice but I read other people talk about it so I guess is common.

I hope they have that on the list for the next patches.