Question about the 'Recon' video

I'm maybe wrong about this, but it seems to me that in seconds 0:35 til 38 a Syrian soldier hits an US soldier right through a building wall without LOS, and at ~1:45, a US soldiers is shooting from inside a build through a wall, too. LOS and LOF are a very basic issue, not something that will be changed in a late BETA statium anymore.

Same procedure as in the CM1x games??

Looking at the video again I suspect in the first instance the Syrians may actually have had line of sight to the US soldier. Though it is difficult to be sure without seeing different angles

As for the second one, I'm pretty sure it's the same group of soldiers that are shown at about 1:20 into the clip and with the walls opaque it looks like the prone soldier on the left is firing round the corner of the building rather than firing from inside it.

I could be wrong, but aren't the buildings still a bit of an abstract representation in CMx2 like they were in CMx1?

I could only imagine the processing power needed to model 1:1 soldiers in a 9 man squad firing through windows perfectly.

Personaly, I'm happy if there is a window and 2 soldiers can fire but may clip through the wall a bit.

That's the point, at least one of them. The number of firing positions is limited by the number of windows and doors, if we should have ruins, there might by some extra holes. But if firing through walls is still permited, it would unrealistically influence the firepower of those who are in the house.

On the other side, if LOS into a house ain't modeled, a house looses a lot of it's defensive value.

Originally posted by Scipio:

But if firing through walls is still permited, it would unrealistically influence the firepower of those who are in the house.

From what i understood, CMx2 still is somehow abstracted - but to a much finer degree.

If a wall doesn't have any windows or doors, i'm sure no shooting through the walls and no LOS will be possible. But a soldier, close to window or with LOS out of it, can also shoot "through" it, althoug graphically it seems, the representation is shooting through the wall.