**BUG** Blast movement command

Ok, I know what it's supposed to do, but whenever I try to use it (testing) my squad simply goes in/out through the door (converts it into a quick order, it appears).

Also, can they not go through holes that an MGS blows open? For me, they completely ignored it and went through a door under stupid amounts of fire.

[ July 28, 2007, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]

Ok, so I figured out how to blow a hole in the wall. First, that really needs to be explained in the manual and probably shown with a picture.

Second, my troops will not actually use the hole that they opened, they walk around to the nearest door.

Hell, when I blew the wall that had the door, they still entered through where the door was before the wall was removed.

Can you explain again how you got it to work. Ive got it once but now i cant seem to get it.

Ive select blast. Then select a spot clicking on the wall. But my unit just moves there and then turn it into a quick move command.

Yeah, it's not explained at all but if you click right below the wall, where it meets the ground, you'll get the movement point to be "in" the wall and that should trigger their blasting.

It's definitely not the best way to do that.

Personally I like this idea: you place your troops or the 2nd to last waypoint in front of the wall you want to blast, then the blast movement command inside the building. The movement line then indicates which wall will be blown. Plus, that would work easily on interior walls, too.

Of course, that all assumes that your troops will use that hole - mine refuse to do so. :(

Nahh no way im gettin that to work.

Im clicking the lower wall so it show a brown blast line to the wall and then a globe(end waypoint) with half of it sticking out the wall.

They turn it into a yellow quick move as they move to the wall.

Ive now tried to click.

-On the ground infront of wall.

-On the ground inside the wall where wall meets ground.

-On the wall.

nothing of it works.

I had the same trouble initially. I actually created a test scenario just to figure out how to get Blast to work.

One thing I ran into was, if they only had one demo charge left, they wouldn't use it against a longer wall.

Out of curiosity, will your squads go through a hole that your MGS creates? I created a test scenario to try these things out, and so far I've been able to put holes in walls with Blast and the MGS, but my squads won't use them.