Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

4k square battlespace, 2 M1 Plt. vs 3T72 Plt

I made a 4km by 4km map. it has grass, some trees, and various dips and hills, but very flat. Just high enough to block LOS to the top of a tank. I have the setup area for blue runing in a strip all along the west map edge, same for red on the east map edge. I give both side a AI plan to move to and occupy a large area central in the map, the areas overlaping completely. For the blue side a strip a heavy mixed company down to 2 platoons and rec, spread them evenly apart the full 2 km setup zone. REd get 3 platoons and I spread them the same way, evenly the full 2k.

I like the way it plays. This combination massive tactical area and few units works very nice for me. I can not 'puzzle' solve the map, every time I play it the AI completely suprises me. The ranges look right, the main battle tank battles are 2k apart. I get kill by 125 ATGMs fired from the t72s (i think). Syrians can have a hard time, but if they go flat out to a certain dperesion in the map, they can ambush the flank of blue if blue did'nt scout his flank.

Try a map like I made if you want to get exciting tank battles (at least for me).

my RED vs RED tank clash thingy is 1000m broad and 3500m deep/long.

extremly plain to conserve FPS smile.gif

gentle hills

in "normal" 3 companys vs. 3 companys(demanding but big action)

in "small" 3 platoons vs 3 platoons

only problem the AI plan. the enemy doesnt move on to its orders, but just when the player is around 1,5km from the enemy side. i dont know why, but i could look into it again if someone feels like playing it...

thats the first and last turn of the "normal" version.

as one can see at the shot up tank "blob", the AI plan can use refinement.

the "white" patches are to give contrast, so someone can see the heights and dips easier far away. i didnt bothered to really texture it for myself.

pzbattle1bx3.jpg

pzbattle2ed3.jpg