How do you get Javelins to fire at buildings?

Guest Guest

Ive just played the MOUT training mission. In that one i have no problems with the javlins either. My men got shot down, so i pulled em back and pulled out the big toys. The javlin is a amazing equalizer when it comes to enemys in buildings.

That being said, there is not explicit command to fire a Javelin. Therefore, unless your virtual Javelin gunner sees something that he thinks is worth $180,000 investment (or whatever the heck a missile costs, something like tht) he won't use it. In real life someone has to basically sign off on it being fired, and therefore we felt the only way to realistically avoid people using billions of Dollars worth of Javelins in a couple of weeks of gameplay was to restrict the player's ability to manually use them.

That being said, Lio is correct. I am wondering if there is a bug with the bunkers under certain circumstances. The bug, if it exists, makes the Javelin gunner think there isn't a reason to destroy the bunker. However, since bunkers can be remanned (unlike CMx1) there is always a good reason to blow one up. Plus, it looks cool smile.gif

Steve