CMBB Patch problem

Andrew H.

A few weeks or so ago, I removed CMBB and reinstalled Windows (XP; I have SP2). Today I reinstalled CMBB without any trouble, but I can't seem to install the patches. According to the website, I have to install the 1.01 patch, then the 1.02 patch, then the 1.03 patch. I've downloaded the 1.01 patch, and when I run it, it quickly opens and closes a small window on my computer - the kind you often see when installing things - but there doesn't seem to be any activity going on in the window. More to the point, after doing that, my CMBB version remains 1.0.

It doesn't make any difference whether I run the patch from my "downloads" directory, or whether I move it to the CMBB directory and run it there.

It's been so long since I originally installed and patched CMBB, that I'm wondering if there is any procedure I may have forgotten.

Thoughts? Theories?

No doubt that's a DOS window that is opening and closing quickly because it has finished presenting the error message that it contains. Try executing the patch from the command prompt (DOS) so that you can at least read what the error is:

START > RUN in the box type cmd

That will open a DOS window.

Navigate to where you have the patch downloaded, something like:

cd c:\downloads\CMBB_v103_Patch.exe

You should then at least see what the error is. My guess is it's something to do with the extraction utility. Speaking of which, I believe you can extract that file if you use WinRAR (www.rarlabs.com). Just tested, yes you can. Inside you will find (for 1.03 at least):

Barbarossa to Berlin.exe replacement file

BMP folder

README 103.txt

Manually copy those over and you're patched - I'd go that route, ignore the DOS box thingie.

Edit: argh, why is HTML not enabled!!!! :mad: