CMAK 1.03 patch won't work...

Hi all.

Can anyone help me get CMAK 1.03 to work? I'm trying to start a PBEM game with a friend but 1.01 (which runs without the disc) says he's using a different version (1.03). I try to install 1.03 and it won't let me play without the disc. When I put the disc in it says in the bottom right corner of the main menu screen that it's v1.03 but still says my friend is using a different version. Does anyone know how to install it so it'll work properly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

[ May 12, 2007, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Tux ]

You may need to follow these instructions to make the PBEM work (from the 1.03 Patch Readme.txt):

TRANSFERING PBEM FILES FROM VERSION 1.0, 1.01 or 1.02 to 1.03:

1.) In CMAK version 1.0, 1.01 or 1.02, load the PBEM file. In an orders phase, save the pbem file as a saved game by clicking on the little SAVE button on the command bar at the bottom of the screen.

2.) Repeat Step 1 for all pbem files you wish to convert.

3.) Install the 1.03 patch.

4.) Open CMAK Version 1.03.

5.) Open the saved game file from step 1.

6.) Choose Email as the startup option for the saved game.

One of the major primary differences in the patches between each version is the executable file itself ('CM Afrika Korps.exe'). Giving this file a slightly different name would allow both of them to be on the hard drive at once (i.e. - 'CM Afrika Korps-101.exe' and 'CM Afrika Korps-103.exe'). I'm not sure if there have been changes to the Prefs file format or not. If not then that would continue to work between both versions.

If the above instructions don't work for you, then try a completely new PBEM game from the 1.03 CMAK.

Are either of you using PBEM Helper or any other PBEM assistance application ?