Had some trouble getting down the correct procedures for driving the T-72 (and I ignominiously fell inside a huge anti-tank ditch), but driving is now understood, and is a challenge. I have a question regarding the commander. While fooling around, I managed to get away from the sight mode, and I was above the hatch and unbuttoned with a 360 degree view. Excellent---you can't get much situational awareness looking through the gunlaying sight. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how I did this, and I can't find the key in the manual. HELP! So far I have had no problems running T-72 on my year old Predator game computer. Love the dust and waving tall grass and other flora. I understand Soviet/Russian doctrine was to fight buttoned up because the bore evacuator won't work if the tank is not closed up and the ABC system running (this info from an Army intelligence chum). Is this true? Many thanks!

Page Up/Page Down keys will take you through the various sight and viewing options (the T-72 has several, including "cupola view."

Hit F7 (Tank Commander) and then key through Page Down until you reach it. Turn off external view if you want more realism insofar as what you can and cannot see...

Fighting buttoned up in the game not only limits situational awareness- you could sustain more crew casualties, caused by overpressure, if you are struck by a HEAT round.

Thanks tons, Hub, but this was not the ticket. The F7 Page Up/Down views are as follows: day gunlaying sight, night gunlaying sight, and cupola vision block view---this is not an unbuttoned view. Alas, all of these views are from inside the commander's cupola. What I accidentally found was a commander head and shoulders out of his cupola view (was not an external view---never use 'em), i.e., "unbuttoned." I have tied opening the hatches, but this does not give me an unbuttoned view for the commander

Thank you, Hub. Yesterday I must have had "Real view from tank" on off, and I got the unbuttoned view. This is most annoying because I prefer to keep the cupola vision block view, and, if I do this, I must forego the unbuttoned view. Too bad you don't get both with "No" to "Real view from tank." Is the designer "encouraging" players to use the doctrine I mentioned in my initial posting? At least I know I wasn't imagining getting above the cupola yesterday.