LAN play, problems and solutions...

Snakeeyes and I just used this free, nice program, to play LAN games over the internet...

http://www.hamachi.cc/

We were able to connect without a problem, but first we tried the one and only co-op mission, which was simply to drive a tank from A to B.

I started out as the commander, SE was the gunner and we were on our way... but SE could see out of his sight, but not load or fire, he couldn't change positions either, like to driver or commander, but I could... I was like in my own tank as in single player... he was in, but never saw the vehicle moving or anything.

Then we tried a competitive mode, we both were able to see our tanks and infantry... I was able to control half of my men as usual, but SE couldn't control any of his... even with me walking him through on team speak, how to mount, move etc ect...

1. Has anyone been able to successfully do a LAN game?

2. Does anyone know what the problems may be with our LAN game? Why can't he do anything in my tank in co-op, he did join as the gunner in the pick your spot screen, why can't he see us move, see us die, or move to another position within the tank?

thanks for any info or guidance.

May have to do with that program you are using... do you have 2 pcs in your home? Try setting up a lan with that... if not... you'll have to wait for someone to see if LAN game works correctly for them and then you can rule out that it is the program you downloaded...

So... just to clarifiy... could someone test LAN in an actual LAN setup to make sure it works?

I'd bet 99% that its the program you're using though...

Magnum,

I got the LAN MP games working as well as LAN MP over the VPN. I tried the one and only COOP and everything was synchronized and operational on both PC's. Next, I tried the Competitive MP and again, it all worked from both PC's. Let me know when you have some time to try this again. smile.gif

From playing through a few single player missions, I know I will purchase the add-on later this year. The SP is fun, but the MP is going to be the icing on the cake. :D

MOON-- Any chance the developer will provide some additional missions? I realize that we can build our own, but only one COOP mission? Also, when players leave a multiplayer game it would be good to have the game report that so we are not chasing ghosts. In addition, there needs to be an in game chat function. Something like chat to all and chat to team.

I'm just scratching the surface (no campaign missions yet), but I like the game so far. It is good to have a modern tank simulation again! smile.gif

SE

I have a home LAN that I will be trying it today on, I only have one copy of the game, so I wasn't sure about the user rights on more then one PC... but since I'm only testing, (because my two daughters will never play it with me, lol)... I'll try it today.

That program worked fine, if it was that program, then the connection would of never been there I would think... we connected, saw each other in game, he just had no controls... more testing to come... more missions would of been nice, I don't have time or energy to make missions, I barely have time to play missions.

;)

The synch problem you encountered is the exact same thing we ran into and why we decided to remove the Internet play option. One side would play fine while the other would never properly synch up.

Using that 3rd party program to allow over the net connections would not fix the underlying reasons why the two players couldn't synch up.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Using that 3rd party program to allow over the net connections would not fix the underlying reasons why the two players couldn't synch up.

Madmatt

I agree Madmatt. Adding another layer to the network stack is not going to help matters.