commander question

__Yossarian0815[jby]

another very odd thing happened yesterday night when playing solo on the server; I switched from one unit to another (mbt) and i found myself flying around in a several tons tank almost with no gravity............... eventually it landed and everything was normal, no impact damage

My "problem" happens irrespective of whether I´m on a server or not.

While we´re talkin strange things (in standalone): If I promote myself to commander and quit, I can´t promote myself in the next standalone game. I have to restart the game.

Also if i use a mod in standalone, I can´t enter a game on delta pavonis despite changing mod back to base in the console. I have to restart.

There are some bugs with the command interface. Sometimes the buttons do not work and sometimes commands are not relayed, making you click multiple times to get a movement order relayed.

Bots sometimes fly away as well when issued orders. Still have not figured out why bots and even players get whisked away by the invisable hand of some angry god sometimes.

Hopefully all of this will all be worked out as the game evolves and the WWII version comes along.

You can only give extract/scuttle orders when one of the selected units is an automated item such as a turret. So, for example, if you have window selected a large group, and a turret is one of the items in the group, then you would see most of the commands on the command menu grayed out (because the turret can't accept most of them).

So if you want to commands like move, for example, make sure you are selecting only objects that can move when making your selection.

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

You can only give extract/scuttle orders when one of the selected units is an automated item such as a turret. So, for example, if you have window selected a large group, and a turret is one of the items in the group, then you would see most of the commands on the command menu grayed out (because the turret can't accept most of them).

So if you want to commands like move, for example, make sure you are selecting only objects that can move when making your selection.

ok, thx that explains it. this unfortunately also applies to sensor jammers, but i can see the logic.

just figured out that one can ctrl + click select several units works so that will be my "work around". just requires some scrolling/zooming dexterity smile.gif