When will we get a manual?

bjarmson

I purchased DT upon its public release (way back in July). Since then it has undergone numerous changes, additions, etc, etc. But all I have to refer to when I'm trying to understand something is the original 70 page manual (which provides nothing in the way of help about infantry, improved tac screens, scoring, etc, etc). When will we get a really comprehensive manual for DT? Something I can refer to when I'm having problems trying to understand the new tac screens or whatever. It is past time to address this matter.

This is part of a post I made on August 30th in reference to the 1.1.4 release:

"Also, at this point the game has become so complex with all of the additions that reading the original manual that came with it is near pointless."

That having been said, I think that until the game gets to a point where the players and the creators are content, it would be foolish to release a new manual. I'm grateful that the quick keystrokes listed on the back of the original manual still work. I had to refer to it the other day when I wanted to extract a unit from the battlefield and found that the most recent release moved the command menu.

To be truthful, I'm getting a little tired of always having to suss out how to do something. There are not enough directions available for me to understand how the hell many of the various screens work. If we aren't going to get a paper manual, at least there could be an online manual (in downloadable form), so that those of us that have paid our money for the game, but haven't made it our fulltime vocation, can get some instructions in its ever increasing complexity. Nowhere when I purchased this game did I read anything about being a longterm beta tester. I want some instructions laid out in a manual format, and I want it now, not at some nebulous (semi)finished state in the future.