DT map editor??

Nick06

Hey is there any chance that there will be some kind of map editor

soon? It would be so cool to go around on maps that didn't take you more than a hour to make. And it would be cool to have a unit creater program. I know that it seems like a big piece of work but think of the benefits. DT would be a more custimisable game. And altogether it would make DT a more... freindly smile.gif;) game...

Well??

I'd settle for an integrated editor that took already-created heightmaps, texture maps, and a sub-texture map in some reasonable format, like JPG, and made sure everything turned out right-side up. And then let you apply objects and zones in an interactive manner.

What, me having been wrestling with L3DT creating maps? Nooooo.

Don't expect to see a vehicle designer anytime soon, though. That's quite a lot of integrated effort and difficulty, just by the nature of the beast.

That'd make my life so much more useful.

More useful would be if the system was smart enough to invert whatever images/maps needed to be flipped to actually work right without me having to go through the gyrations, but ...

(I didn't expect the major Texture map'd need to be inverted if it were JPG, but it does. In fact ... pretty much everything needed to be inverted, except the root raw file. I considered just flipping it, but then N/S'd be off my intention.)

WOW!!!! that is awesome!! BUT, first is it going to work on the mac (probably, just wanted to ask). second, is this gonna require scripting and all that other junk.. unfortaunetly not everyone has perfect skills in this area.. :(

The World would be a better place if we were all 3D editors :cool:

[ August 30, 2006, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Nick06 ]