Crosshair suggestion

tankibanki

I like the way the crosshair changes it's colour when you point somewhere your gun cannot turn to.

I would like to have an additional indicator showing where the gun is pointing at the very moment. You could use the dot inside the crosshair for that. This way you would know when the gun has turned to where you are pointing.

In this case you could even allow firing before the gun has turned to the desired direction.

The crosshair targeting device could use some tinkering. My main peeve is when inching my way around some cover (hill, bulding, another vehicle) and targeting on an AFV some distance away (say 1000m with it fully in the crosshairs), the autotargeter still says 20/30m as it seems to be reading the object I'm using as cover dispite my apparently unimpeeded view to the target. The result is I have to expose a significent part of my AFV to get off my shot and take often take damage or get killed. What's the point of cover if you can't use it?

It would also be nice if it would reset when you change ammo types, so you have some way of knowing when changeover is complete (particularly important with 120mm and its long changeover time).

That's a good idea and one we tried to implement a while back, but gave up due to time constraints. I will have to go digging back through version control to see how far along it was.

bjarmson, that problem you're describing might now be fixed. We'll find out for sure while testing 1.1.3. If it's not already fixed, it should be by 1.1.4 at the latest.

It would sometimes help when in the gunner view, firing at close targets while on the move. Often you click to fire and nothing happens for a crucial moment or two and unless you're really seasoned you don't understand why your weapon won't fire. This is especially bad with an ion beam, for example. If you could see the "little pipper" moving into place you would now have an immediate visual explanation of why the weapon's not firing.