PBEM kick out?

At the end of the order phase in a PBEM the game sometimes the game quits after pressing "GO".

What I do then is restart CM and load the auto saved game and it works ok then after pressing "GO".

:confused: :confused: :confused:

It only started about 2 months ago.

[ July 31, 2002, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Boris Balaban ]

So what you're not getting here is a dialog box to save your PBEM after pressing GO ? Does this happen consistently or intermittently (you can experiment by trying out several PBEM games by playing against yourself) ? Does this happen only so far into the battle or will it happen very quickly with a PBEM (i.e. - do you need to play so many turns before this becomes a problem or is it a problem during setup/first-orders turn of the PBEM) ?

Do you experience problems in Solitaire play of CMBO ? Though I wouldn't imagine that a problem with the executable would be limited to a small quirk like this, you could re-extract the 1.12 patch and replace your executable.

[ July 31, 2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

[QB]So what you're not getting here is a dialog box to save your PBEM after pressing GO ?

NO

Does this happen consistently or intermittently (you can experiment by trying out several PBEM games by playing against yourself) ?

Intermittently.

Does this happen only so far into the battle or will it happen very quickly with a PBEM (i.e. - do you need to play so many turns before this becomes a problem or is it a problem during setup/first-orders turn of the PBEM) ?

As I remember it happends some time in the game when shooting accurs.

Do you experience problems in Solitaire play of CMBO ?

Have not played any for a while. Busy at home and work.

Though I wouldn't imagine that a problem with the executable would be limited to a small quirk like this, you could re-extract the 1.12 patch and replace your executable.

Have reinstalled CM and the patch already and did not help.

I may try reinstalling WINDOWS 2000 befor CMBB comes out. :eek:

No I do not see any dialog box.

After giving orders you press "GO" and normally you go to the next screen (dialog box) that informs you are going to save the PBEM and to send it to the apposing player.

I get after pressing "GO" nothing. The game quit working. I am back in Windows. I then restart the CMBO and run the auto save game and again press "GO" and this time it works find.

I do not recall this happening with only a movie file.