Toggling Ctrl / Shift Alt Issues

Because I have a physical impairment, I can push at most two adjoining keys on the keyboard at once. As you can imagine, this makes lots of gaming "interesting" in the Chinese proverb sense.

As an aide, I use Microsoft's StickyKeys to make typing reasonable. Unfortunately, some applications / games have issues with this.

DropTeam is, sadly, one of them.

In DT, shift-toggling doesn't work at all, and ctrl/alt toggling can put the game into a state where I cannot return to the Tactical screen with space at all unless I switch to another window and back after using the shift / ctrl keys there. My suspicion is its because of the "one toggle" mode not being read well, where I hit, for example, Ctrl-M to shift to minimap targeting and then want to continue on. Often, the system won't let me swap back to Locked mode, either, moving off the vehicle when a direction is pushed, regardless of Tab-toggling.

And while I'm in here :cool: , it would be nice if there was an interface option to make switching to the Gunner's view sticky instead of only while 'E' is held. You can just imagine what kind of fun that provides me.

Discovering the vehicle you hit on the move best with is a hover-artillery piece can lead to odd self-perception.

In order for DT to run on Linux, Mac and Windows we use SDL (an open source input library). Sticky keys is kinda a Windows thing.

Although I don't have a physical impairment associated with my fingers (I am blind in one eye though) I find I just can't hold down the driving keys for very long without my fingers cramping up and eventually losing control in them. I usually get killed about then.

I now use a throttle control which is just another joystick as far as the game is concerned. It makes driving a breaze and with the mouse still duing the aiming and shooting I have no trouble driving in one direction and shooting in an other.

If this would help, I can send you my custom controls setting. My throttle is an ThrustMaster Afterburner II.

Unfortunately, a throttle-control would be exactly the wrong thing for someone with fingers all drawn-up into nearly-immobile claws. But thanks for the attempt. smile.gif

While this may be a "Windows thing," if the library is incompatible with a fairly (for assistive technology) widespread tool it would seem some kind of grousing is in order since your ap leverages the library. Linux has its own approach (AccessX) which likely works directly through the modkeys X interface and doesn't hit the same issues.

Regardless, 'tis a bug report of interoperability proportions. I've done my duty as a patriotic game-purchaser and player. smile.gif

I would also like a toggleable 'E'.

About the SDL: IIRC Clay said that the SDL wouldn't support the scrollwheel. I can zoom the tacmap in and out with the scrollwheel (Linux).

It would be nice to have that as weapon chooser.