Of formations, groups and orders...

Toby Haynes

Maybe all this is in the manual which will be winging its way to me at some point but right now I'm manual-free so I'm asking away... Or maybe these are potential enhancements in which case I'm on my knees begging :)

From the tactical screen I can select multiple tanks by clicking-and-dragging the rectangle over the ones I'm interested in. However, I don't appear to be able to give orders to a group - clicking on the "Orders>>" button doesn't bring up the menu.

It would be nice to be able to name or tag a group of tanks for future commands. This would allow me to hold a group of tanks in a safe area and then bring then in to attack my target (for example) without having to switch out to the tactical screen.

Formations are incredibly useful, especially when I happen to be the formation leader :) It would be nice to be able to see some visual indicator on the tactical screen to show which tanks are following which leaders - a simple line would help enormously.

However, when I specify the formation leader for a tank, I want that tank to be formation leader - not that player/bot. When I'm leading a group of tanks and choose to take control of another tank (say a cutter as it moves in close to a takeover) the formation tries to link up with my new tank. That isn't clever, especially if they will have to plough through the enemy lines to get to me.

Cheers,

Toby Haynes

However, I don't appear to be able to give orders to a group - clicking on the "Orders>>" button doesn't bring up the menu.
Use the hotkeys instead of the orders button for this. For example, hit ALT-M to tell all selected units to move. As an added bonus, when you give orders to a group of units in this way, they maintain their relative offset from another for the destination. You might not need to use formations quite as much as you are now.

All of the rest of those are great suggestions. I've added them to our flyspray list for future updates.

I have one to add to the formations wish list. Have a couple of choices of formations, line abreast and column at the minimum that orient of of the leader. Right now it is agonizingly slow to get bots formed up in a useful way. This would really ,really help.

Game is absolutely fantastic overall.