How do I get my attached unit to move!

LoCo

Hey guys, how do I get my attached units to move with me during a mission? I go into the map mode and hit movement and place the flag were I want my attached units to go, but they don't move? this is in single player missions, any Ideas? thanks

Make sure that the units you think are attached, are indeed attached. Not all friendly units on the map are automatically under your command. (For example, the infantry in the village when your start in the very first mission is not attached to you; they mind their own business, sometimes deciding to stay put, sometimes advancing on their own...)

Usually the briefing states if you have true attached units. If you do, then the procedure you described is correct to get them to move.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Found this question in a forum search as I have run into the same problem.

I just bought the game (Soviet hardware fan that I am). I like the style, but she really needs some code tightened up.

Anyway, I too can not get attached units to move. I know they are attached because:

(Taken from single mission "Revenge")

A. The Breifing said so.

B. They will respond to one command, "Take Defensive postions" at which point they scattered to the 4 winds and my BRDM-2 flipped itself.

Any attempt at issuing movement orders results in either nothing or only my tank moving to the chosen location. I know being in the driver's seat prevents map orders to my tank, but does it block everyone else's too? Is there a key click or mouse button command needed that is not listed in the manual?

Originally posted by Bonxa:

I have had some success by first issuing waypoints and then hitting 5 ("Go"). But I agree that it's a bit bewildering.

I think I figured it out. Your tank has to start moving at the same time as the attach units. I issued orders while in commanders postion and then switching to map mode. Worked perfect. Then just hop to the drivers seat and make him hault.

A bit annoying as to have to repeat the above each time you issue a new way point.

Another item for the patch list. As have your tank lurch about while issueing orders is not a good idea on the battlefield.