I'm trying really hard to stay with this game

20mm

I'd love to love this game, but it ain't easy. I simply cannot remember the last sim I played that gave me as much trouble as this one does. And yet, the graphics, the gameplay, the overall feel of the thing (when it runs) are pretty good. I want to like it and keep on tanking, but I'm about to give up, wait and see how the patch does.

Why? Well, the thing locks up, every single time I run it. Sometimes, like just a moment ago, it locks in the menu area, sometimes on the loadup screen, sometimes in the map screen, most times while playing. Point is, it WILL lock up.

Lock ups take the form of graphics freezing. The sound continues to play (most of the time), but nothing works and you're essentially dead in your tracks. The only thing to do then is CTRL/ALT/DEL out to task manager, where it says the game is still running. OK, been there, I know it's not. So I shut it down and the vicious cycle begins again.

I have managed to get to the Revenge training mission, but I couldn't tell you how many times I've run each and every mission over and over to get there. See, once in a while, it will let me get through a mission. But, if I go one step further, and try the next one, lockup.

As I say, I like the graphics, frame rates seem pretty good, I really enjoy driving along--it feels like I think a tank should. Gunnery is a real kick, pardon the pun. The stats at the end are cool, you get to see where the rounds went, who killed you and how.

I suppose if I could play it longer I would see other things I wish were improved or changed, but as it is, the only thing is the freezing. I know this is a known issue, I've seen other posts about it, but I seem to have an extreme frost bite case.

Talk about an immersion killer. Sigh.

I've had to shelve this great game till it's patched due to the lock ups...

I've been playing it since it first shipped to me every day... I've played all the single player missions, and all the ones Moon released, along with his desert mod... I've loved it all...

but now I started the campaign, I completed the first mission without a problem, but playing the 2nd mission, which takes about an hour on each attempt, and it locks up at different times... I've played it about 20 times, the first 10 was me dying before I completed the mission, but then the last 10 or so, I'd finish the mission and get the lock up on the return to start trip... 10 hrs on one mission, I don't have enough time.. I'll wait for the patch, since this is a very common incident, I assume it will be addressed and hopefully fixed.