1 - stop (driver)

2 - fire/hold fire (gunner)

3 - scan/cease scan (all crew)

4 - gun forward/back (gunner)

5 - move forward (driver)

6 - move back (driver)

7 - move left (driver)

8 - move right (driver)

9 - turn tank towards the target (driver)

0 - hull down (driver)

Thanks for the link,

I have tried a few of the links from there but are having trouble. They keep dropping out.

I have found one now that supports a download manager but only get about 20 - 50 mb each time. by the time I get it Battle front will probably put out another demo.

One problem with demo sites is that most do not allow download managers, at least not mine so if you drop a link you loose the lot. I have just about givenup on getting demo's now. But this one looks promising.

Cheers

Sven, Backguard is representing the developer (Crazy House) smile.gif

And yes, the hatches can of course be closed and opened in the full version (well, in the english version we're working on. Please understand that we do not actually support the Russian version)

Martin

OK, I think that I should tell more about hatches and their importance for your long and happy life :).

Example 1: you drive the tank with CLOSED hatches and receive the HEAT round (let's say in turret). Your crew will die quickly and painfully with very high probability (almost 100%) because of increased pressure.

Example 2: you drive the tank with OPENED hatches and receive the HEAT round (let's say in turret too). You could lost some good guys :-( BUT ONLY if he(they) were in the way of "hot stream". But their chance to survive is much better.

Of course opened hatches don't protect your engine or ammo load. Some disadvantages: if you get mortar mine/howitzer shell/MLRS missile on roof of turret it will lead to death of crew... But howitzer shell/MLRS missile on turret roof no good in any case :)

Danke, Thanks.

My a ask 3 more questions (as i hope these features will be in the full version too)

1. What is the meaning of the color from the circles marking the spots were i have hit the enemy armor. red = no penetation, orange/yello = penetration???

2. There are two folders one called "screenshot" and one "video". will it be possible to record demos? or aar (after action reviews)???

3. in the game the M50 tank or the RPG gunner often only need 1 singel shot to blow up my T34 tank wereas i often need 4 or 5 hits on the enemy armor for the same result. now my question: in real life, is the T34 tank really so underarmord? or is the main gun of the M50 so much powerful?

thanks a lot

Sven

[ March 02, 2005, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: SvenPatrick ]

Hi,

Since I could not wait for the english demo I managed to download the russian one. Took 27 goes with my download manager, kept loosing the connection.

Well now I have it I am having trouble getting the game to start. I ran the self extracting executable and looked at the resulting directory. There is no exe to fire up. There are 3 .bat files cfg.bat, start.bat and makers.bat. They just display the last_bug.txt.

The other subdirectories do not seem to have an exe either. I have all the english manuals etc now but they all start from the graphical interface installer which I can bring up.

Could some kind sole please explain how I go about starting the installation from the expanded zip please.

Cheers MarkL

Thanks for the reply,

I have it working now. It would not run in win98 but fired up in winxp ok. I hope the final works in win98.

I will just have to work my way through it now. Must admit I am glad there are a few translation docs around including the english mini manual for the commands or it would be very hard.

Cheers MarkL