New Nvidia drivers

I dont know if you have all fixed your white transparency problem, but the new 27.42 drivers worked great on mine. I have a Geforce DDR card and had the same trouble as everyone else with the white letters in the meuns just disappering with Windows XP. I have just been working around it by escaping out to the desktop and returning to fix it. I finally got tired of that and tried the new Nvidia drivers on guru3d.com for XP. I have used them now for a couple of days and they work just fine for me. The white looks good and at last the menus look normal.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if maybe I am installing the drivers incorrectly? I download the file and save it onto my hard drive, but instead of following the instructions at the guru site, which are incorrect for XP, I go into Control Panel and it installs the new drivers automatically - or so it says. How do I know if the new driver is installed correctly?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I wonder if maybe I am installing the drivers incorrectly? I download the file and save it onto my hard drive, but instead of following the instructions at the guru site, which are incorrect for XP, I go into Control Panel and it installs the new drivers automatically - or so it says. How do I know if the new driver is installed correctly?

Mike,

Are you uninstalling your old drivers first? If not, that's probably the problem.

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Mike,

Are you uninstalling your old drivers first? If not, that's probably the problem.</font>

Grog Dorosh--here is a walkthrough I posted in the old nvidia thread:

Okay, I just got this working and I'm on XP so I'll see if I can help you out.

1.) Download the new drivers (duh)

2.) Unzip them into the folder of your choice (just remember it for later)

3.) Close all your programs and files, you'll be restarting in a moment

4.) Go into Control Panel/ Display/ Settings/ Advanced/ Adapter

5.) Click on Properties/Drivers

6.) Uninstall the drivers. You will be asked to reboot after this, do it

7.) Get back into Windows. Things should look a little funny because you've disabled your card

8.) Go back in Control Panel/ Display/ Settings/ Advanced/ Adapter/ Properties/ Driver

9.) Click on Update Driver

10.) Click "Install from specific location" and hit "next"

11.) Click on "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" and hit next

12.) Highlite your card in the "model" box

13.) Click on "Have Disk"

14.) Use the Browse button to find the folder where you unzipped the new downloaded drivers. Select the setup icon.

15.) This is as far as I can go without reinstalling my own drivers, but I'll try and remember the rest. The new drivers should begin installing. You may get a message about them "not being digitally signed." Don't worry, it's not important. Continue anyways.

16.) After installing the new drivers you will be asked to reboot again. Do so. When XP loads again, check if your drivers actually did update by going Control Panel/ Display/ Settings/ Advanced/ Adapter/ Properties/ Driver/ You should see the new version number of the drivers listed.

17.) CM should look normal now. GO PLAY!