Fuzzy Writing - Unreadable Landmarks

PLease HELP ME I'm Going beserk trying to read the landmarks...

They are fuzzyfied...

barely ledgeble(spelling?)

Please oh please...

If someone could tell me how to fix this...

Where do I go...

Control Panel???...

I swear I've tried everything...

I'm going blind!!!!

Many Thanks...

Dave the :confused: one

If you haven't read the NVidia thread...

You'll most likely need to turn off any antialiasing (FSAA) that your GeForce may be performing. You can usually do this from Start Menu > Settings > Control Panel > Display control panel > Settings tab > Advanced... button > GeForceMX tab (I believe it will be called this) > Additional Properties... button > Direct3D Settings tab > More Direct3D.. button > 3D Antialiasing Settings tab > select "Manually select antialiasing mode" with the Off radio button selection. These should be accurate for the 12.41 drivers (some of the older drivers have some different tabs and different FSAA settings.

There's no known fix for using NVidia's FSAA and CM's 3D text (landmarks). Windows 2000 has it worse where text all over CM gets messed up with FSAA. Madmatt suspects that NVidia changed some of their FSAA code awhile back (especially in regards to Windows 2000) that is causing most of these problems (since FSAA did work in the past with CM's landmark text).

Capt Canuck,

have you installed Deanco's gunmetal interface mod ?

There is an error with the original version of that mod, making landmarks unreadable.

(bad file: 30002.bmp)

Deanco has already released a patch for this issue on his CM page.

Marcus

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: mike8g ]

One other fix (if you desire to still run with FSAA enabled) is to install the older Detonater 3 drivers which were version 6.50

The FSAA worked fine then, this blurry illegible text is a bug in the current Nvidia drivers implementation of FSAA.

You *might* be able to find those drivers from www.reactorcritical.com and I will look into posting them onto CMHQ as well as I think some people are having a hard time locating them still.

Madmatt