Nvidia driver question

bodman

Is there a version of Nvidia detonator Drivers that provides ansiotropic filtering in direct3d and anti-aliasing with out screwing up the 2d text. I use win xp pro. The 30.82 drivers work perfectly for me with anti-aliasing turned on but do not provide the ansiotropic filtering in direct3d. The 40.72 drivers that I have tried provide the ansiotropic filtering that I want, but cause the screwed up text when I turn on anti-aliasing. Any suggestions. I have all the latest mobo and direct x drivers etc

Bodman

Originally posted by bodman:

Is there a version of Nvidia detonator Drivers that provides ansiotropic filtering in direct3d and anti-aliasing with out screwing up the 2d text. I use win xp pro. The 30.82 drivers work perfectly for me with anti-aliasing turned on but do not provide the ansiotropic filtering in direct3d. The 40.72 drivers that I have tried provide the ansiotropic filtering that I want, but cause the screwed up text when I turn on anti-aliasing. Any suggestions. I have all the latest mobo and direct x drivers etc

Bodman

What's your vid card? My MSI G3Ti200 does it all.

KC

i just picked up a gainward ti200 and i have the same problem - i can get one or the other, but not both

the graphics in CM are frankly of low enough quality that it really makes little difference

it won't be something i'm going to worry too much about till the engine re-write - at which point if i still can't get antialiasing and ansiotropic filtering to run together i'll start worrying about it smile.gif

Originally posted by easytarget:

i just picked up a gainward ti200 and i have the same problem - i can get one or the other,

it won't be something i'm going to worry too much about till the engine re-write - at which point if i still can't get antialiasing and ansiotropic filtering to run together i'll start worrying about it smile.gif

Guys, I'm not sure what's going on, there was a discussion here a while ago regarding the gainward products and that there was/is a problem with some of them. If I recall correctly there is actually a known issue and some are being returned ASAP.

I'm running win 98se and the 30.82 drivers and am having no problems. For what its worth, I see little change with the ansiotropic filtering on and a dramatic change with AAx4 on, go with the AA.

KC

i decided to run through some drivers and see what would happen - slow sunday, why not

anyway, as mentioned elsewhere the latest leaked drivers (40's) wouldn't run AA - which i didn't consider that big a deal - but hey, since it's there as a problem to potentially solve, i figured i'd try some other drivers - easy enough

so i went to guru3D and looked for the oldest they still had up, which in this case happened to be the 30.87's

so i load'em up, turn on quincunx AA and 4x anisotropic filtering and fire up the game

lo and behold, everything works fine smile.gif

and the best part, it actually does look better

if you're running a gf3 of whatever flavor and/or speed you might want to give this a go

worked for me

Originally posted by bodman:

Bodman

Look on www.guru3d.com for an application called aTuner. This allows you to turn on anisotropic filtering with the 30.xx series drivers.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I managed to get fsaa and the anisotropic filtering to work with atuner. I am using 30.82 drivers with win xp pro and a GF3 Ti200. The Graphics look gorgeous.

PS Everyone should try Panzermartin's tank mods. They have to be seen to be believed. This guy should work for BFC. His are the best mods I have seen.