Navigations in a Dell D6010 laptop

Did you actually mean a Dell Latitude D610 or is it another model ?

If this is the Latitude D610, then I assume it has the Intel 915G built-in video (shared memory). If that's the case, which driver do you have ? Dell lists their latest as being 6.14.10.4396, though the one on the Intel website is newer ( 915GM ).

However, even an updated driver may still have the same problems. I can check this out with a desktop 915G, which should generally replicate the problem if it exists with the latest driver.

If your laptop actually has ATI videochips, then you'll mostly be limited to Dell's ATI drivers or the 3rd party tweaked Omega Drivers, which will support the laptop graphics chipsets (which the standard ATI Catalysts will not).

The Dell Inspiron 6000 series also has a similar setup, so the above advice would also be pertinent if this is your model.

I checked this out with the Intel 915G chipset with the 6.14.10.4543 Windows XP driver (Intel 14.20) and everything looked OK with CMAK 1.03 running at 1280x1024 @75Hz. The mouse driver used is the standard Microsoft one and that may be the difference here (though most often this sort of problem is a video driver issue).

Are you using any special mouse drivers for your pointers ? Are there any updates ? Assuming your model is what I guess it was earlier, there appears to be a new Alps Glidepoint driver, though there's no real indication is may help or not here.