Warning for potential NVidia 7900GT/GTX purchasers

Just a heads up - a number of video card companies are having large-scale RMA problems with this model card, especially if they are "factory overclocked" versions.

Check it out

eVGA seems to be doing a stand-up job of tackling this issue - I just RMA'ed mine (less than 2 weeks old), as eVGA has just released a whole new production run (different SKU's, etc.) that use different memory chips, etc.

eVGA forum declaration

My CM experience was BSOD citing nv4_disp.dll hardware errors after a couple hours of play - but it got progressively worse as time went on. They will start to fail 3DMark03 and 06, with flashing black artifacts on the 2D screen while trying to benchmark.

If you're experiencing this, or other strange behavior with this model card, RMA that mother.

Right, this is a huge problem for some time now with the 7900 series cards.

And other vendors than eVGA leave the customers in the dry pool.

If you don't have a 7900 series card yet it is recommended to either buy a 7800 xx instead or wait for the next generation of cards for DirectX10.