Saving games

Just got the game today so I fired up a few scenarios and checked things out. Well, first thing I noticed is that the game was not remembering my settings ... bases on, full tree coverage etc. Next, I noticed that it wasn't saving any of my games either. Sure, I got to the "save" dialog box and typed in what I wanted to save the game as, but my saved games just don't seem to save. The game doesn't auto save either. I checked in Windows, and the save folder is empty. What the heck is going on? I just took the demo off and I'm thinking of re installing the game. I installed the 1.01 patch (I think, cause it still says 1.0 at the bottom of the intro screen). BTW, Caretan, Paris, and Elsendorf looked spectacular.

I figured out what the problem was. I created a desktop shortcut from the CD drive, so when the game was playing it was playing from the CD and the games were saving on the CD. Of course, since you can't save on the CD drive (at least the non writable one) nothing was saving. After reinstalling, I did not create the desktop short cut and went from the start button / programs. Saved games began to work properly.